Comments Off on Marketing and Business Development Specialist
The USAID Mozambique Feed the Future Agricultural Innovations Activity (FTF Inova) is a five-year, $20.9 million project, funded by USAID, that works to increase equitable, pro-poor agricultural growth by linking private and public actors in the market and helping them to adopt innovations.. FTF Inova is supporting Luteari, a small input distributor in Mozambique, Manica Province, to establish demand driven inputs distribution system and expand retail of inputs to the last mile at scale. In order to achieve this objective, Luteari intends to pilot a community based system, with proper performance management and incentives to the clubs and agents. Farmers would place orders through Luteari’s local agents or via the buyers’ clubs within the community. The aggregation of orders would allow Luteari to improve the efficiency of its distribution network. Luteari will also work with a FTF Inova fellow, a volunteer consultant, that will help them with the proposed intervention.
The overall goal of this assignment is to support Luteari in their effort of establishing a network of trusted agents, as well as a marketing approach based on delivering value to smallholder farmers improving their fidelization. The specific objectives of the assignment are:
- Assist Luteari prepare a business model that can deliver value to its customers;
- Prepare engagement and training guides for community agents and buyers’ clubs representatives;
- The assignment will require accomplishing at least the two following main tasks:
- Developing a Business Model;
- Based on the business plan developed, the specialist will provide technical support to Luteari, to piloting of buyers’ clubs and agent-based customers’ engagements. The pilot should help Lureari to identify and in the long-term embark on cost-effective retail expansion and distribution systems and create durable relationship with buyers of inputs, particularly SHFs;
- Provide Training to Trainers (ToT).
The marketing and business development specialist will conduct all work in close collaboration with the FTF Inova partner (Luteari) and the FTF Inova technical team. The tasks outlined below are expected to shift based on the feedback and inputs received from the FTF Inova partner, while fulfilling the overarching goals of the assignment as described above.
First Field work: o/a 1-10 May 2018 Chimoio with travels to the districts (8 days LOE+2 travel days) o/a 1 st week of May.
- Meet with Luteari’s Director and their team to understand the current business model, and identify gaps in their business plan;
- Review of current promotional and fidelization practices and business model and development of a retail expansion plan for rural areas;
- Support Luteari to develop business plan that links target communities to Luteari on a commercial basis for example stablishing buyers’ clubs, direct marketing tactics etc;
- Develop tool to identify, target and incentivize a high potential community and community based- agents;
- Develop agent’s self-selection criteria and incentive modalities, training modules for sales-agents and buyer club president. Remote work: ( 5 days LOE).
- Develop training modules for the community based agents and community buyers’ club’s members;
- Refine Finalize the business model;
- Develop management and customer tracking/ profiling tools that Lutrea uses to manage community based agent and their customers. Second Field Work – Chimoio.(8 days LOE + 2travel days) o/a 2 nd week of June 2018.
- Work with Lureari team and FTF Inova Fellow to outline practical implementation strategies and tactics based on the business model develop to engage community-based agents and pilot buyers’ clubs.
- Work with Luteari team and Fellow to define marketing tactics for smallholder farmers;
- Provide Training of Trainers (ToT) training to Luteari staff such that they will be the acumen to rollout the training for the community based- sales agents and buyers’ clubs’ representatives.
- Develop a business model (as specified above and should include strategy and tactic for selecting community based agents and criteria for their Key Performance Indicator (KPIs), and the compensation/incentive modalities) that Luteari practically use for their day to day operations to engage high performing community based agents and fidelazation of smallholder farmers. The business model should be presented in a simple way and can easily be understood by Luteari staff. This deliverable should be delivered by the end of the second field work and can be presented using PowerPoint presentation with graphical illustration;
- Concise and step by step training for trainers in how to perform the training for the the community based agents and buyer club’s representatives. This should be delivered by the beginning of the second field work;
- Concise and step by step training module and guides for community based agents and buyer club’s representatives. This should be delivered by the beginning of the second field work.
- The Marketing Specialists will report to the Chief of Party or his designee;
- Primarily the Consultant will work with the Director General of Luteari or her designee(s)
- Advanced degree in relevant field, such as marketing, business, agribusiness;
- 7 plus year of experience;
- Advanced abilities in reading, writing, and speaking in Portuguese
Comments Off on Account Manager: EBU Chimoio
This position is responsible for bringing new accounts and developing existing ones (acquisition & Retention) in order to increase revenue and market share.
As an account manager you will be required to prospect, maintain service and grow these relationships always using the “current” Company and Sales Strategy as your guideline and working towards achieving set objectives as prescribed by the Year on Year targets.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Grow the business and revenue via gross connections and upgrades (voice, mobile data & fixed solutions) through achieving and exceeding monthly sales target required during financial year;
- Prospecting and pipeline development according to Line Manager’s guidance;
- Increase voice and data lines from existing customers;
- Proactively recommend VAS (Value Added Services)/ Data Solutions to customers in order to generate additional revenue to VM;
Key performance indicators
- Achieve Renewals and New Lines targets and recommend possible upgrades solutions to the clients;
- Ensure that all customers under the portfolios are regularly visited according to set criteria;
- Ensure that Key accounts are given a differentiated treatment;
Must have technical / professional qualifications
- Tertiary Education or Degree in Management an advantage;
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Minimum 2 years professional experience in sales and customer service;
- Experience and Knowledge of Telecoms industry would be an advantage;
- Strong Sales Planning Skills;
- Strong Commercial deal structuring skills.
Comments Off on Farmer Field School Specialist
The consultant will directly work under the supervision of the Budget Holder (BH) and the Lead Technical Officer (LTO) in the FAO AGPM or FAO SFS in Harare. He or She will work closely with and strengthen the capacity of the government focal point, the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security (MASA) at central and local level.
The consultant will directly report to the Assistant FAO Representative for Programme and The Chief Technical Adviser (CTA).
He or She will work closely with and strengthen the institutional capacity of the National Directorate for Agricultural Extension (DNEA) aiming at reinforcing the extension national system in particular the famer’s field school national critical mass of master trainers and facilitators in the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security (MASA) at central and local level.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Assist in the preparation and facilitation of the training courses of master’s trainers and facilitators on farmer field schools. During the courses, the expert will assist in the fine/tuning methodologies through practical experimentation, field visits and problems solving meetings with the trainees
- Conduct the training of Master Trainers Course on FFS in close collaboration with national FFS co/trainers
- Prepare the FFS methodological and technical hand out materials during the training exercise
- Collaborate with National Directorate for Agricultural Extension (DNEA) in the implementation of the FFS Action Plan
- Prepare a report of activities undertaken for submission to the FAO Representative in Mozambique
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced University degree (for Consultants)/ University Degree (for PSAs) in Agronomy, Agro/economist, Agro/ecology, Biology, Veterinary Sciences, Rural Development or other related field.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in the area of agricultural participatory extension, particularly farmer field school approach
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian (for Consultants). Basic knowledge and ability to communicate in Portuguese is an asset.
- Working knowledge of one FAO language (for PSAs).
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work
- Extent and relevance of experience in the area of agricultural participatory extension, particularly farmer field school approach
- Extent and relevance of experience in conducting Master Trainers and Facilitators Courses on FFS
- Familiarity with monitoring and evaluation systems of the agricultural sector
- Writing skills and preparation of documents
- Management capacity to ensure that planned activities will be implemented in a timely and smooth manner.
- Level of Knowledge of FAO rules and procedures or of other UN Agency with regard to management of project cycle and extensive abilities to work under pressure and against targets
- Level of responsibility to conduct and guide teams of extensions workers and farmers through a daily supervision
- Capacity to interact with various stakeholders to ensure networking and complementarities of synergies
- Language skills
- Written abilities
- Timing of relevant experience with FFS programs in rural settings in under developed environment
Comments Off on Production Manager
A large horticultural company requires a commercially experienced candidate with Fresh Produce / Horticultural experience to assist and report to the Production Director as well as supporting the Senior Section managers on the day to day smooth running of one of the company’s farms with the main objective being to produce agricultural products for both the local and export markets in a sustainable and profitable manner.
- To assist and support the Production Director and the Senior Section managers with the implementation and execution of a given annual crop production program ensuring continuity of quality product to the packhouse.
- To ensure field crops are managed to meet budgeted yields and costs
- Managing and motivating the human resources on the farm
- To ensure continuous communication with the Production Director and packhouse on product availability and quality issues whenever required
- Timely feedback to the PD about crop performance
- Manage pests and diseases through Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- 5 years experience
- Farming / Horticultural related diploma
- MS Office Knowledge
- Irrigation and Farming related knowledge
- Horticulture production for export knowledge
- Skills to produce top quality crops for export
- Ability to manage people effectively to get best results and crop yield
- Self motivated and energetic
- Open to applications from the region
Comments Off on QHSE Officer
Develop, implement, manage and maintain the company’s quality and safety management system based on integration and adaptation of recognized and generally accepted industry practices in accordance with ISO systems as far as practicable to the company operations.
- Performs reporting, risk assessments and auditing and observes all QHSE related activities and policies within a location;
- Ensures operations are conducted in a safe and efficient manner and in conformance to of local and company safety regulations by integrating and implementing company and third-party QHSE policies and procedures.
- Performs post-incident investigations and communicates with the QHSE Manager and others until all action items have been closed.
- Files QHSE documents and participates in job risk analysis and continual improvement. Likely to be either a specialist within a particular focus area for QHSE, e.g., environmental, transportation, training, etc., or is based at a specific location in a generalized role
- Degree in Health and Safety or related areas;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the position of QHSE Specialist;
- Knowledge of International Standards of operation and related legislation for the area (Must be ISO System Certified);
- Experience in the Shipping Business would be an advantage;
- Fluent in Portuguese and English.