Comments Off on Operational Financial Manager
To lead day-to-day management of the Corporate Finance Function. To provide a business focused financial management budgeting, reporting and business advice service to the organisation and to render a supporting function to the Executive: Group Finance.
To provide leadership and direction to Finance staff to ensure efficient use of human resources.
- To participate in the provision of effective human resource planning to achieve business goals;
- Actively mentors team members to help them progress in their careers;
- Ensures effective individual development plans are a by-product of the performance and succession management activities within the department;
- Develop finance and accounting team goals that are aligned with the business strategy;
- Development of finance capabilities through an effective performance management system and implementation of career development plans for corporate finance employees;
- Manages and oversees team performance through performance planning, coaching and performance appraisals;
- Provides on-going feedback to the team by providing them with information and tools they need to do their jobs well and meet stakeholder requirements;
- Deals effectively with performance issues, discipline as necessary and addresses poor work performance ensuring department targets are not compromised.
Accountable for the delivery of operational excellence within the Financial Accounting function:
- Ensuring efficiency and effectiveness of the finance department from a strategic & operational view including design, implementation, and improvement of processes and procedures;
- Manage the financial functions and month end processes to ensure finance and operations controls and policies are being adhered to;
- Implements operational finance best practices, in line with the guidelines set by the clients Corporate office;
- Identify, report and manage any financial risks that might have an impact on the business;
- Debtors, Creditors and Cash Flow management;
- Maintain day-to-day banking relationships with funders;
- Manage the Annual Insurance renewal process;
- Provide accounting and financial information and responses to corporate finance and executive team;
- Responds to requests from the Executive: Group Finance to progress relevant audit issues/recommendations.
Effectively ensure all financial reporting and year end audit requirements are met:
- Accurately complete the monthly reporting requirements prescribed including but not limited to Income statement, Balance sheet, Cash flow statement, supporting notes and additional monthly reporting requirements for the company to ensure that management reports are timeous and accurate and adhere to corporate requirement;
- To conduct financial analysis and preparation of detailed reports and statements for relevant stakeholders;
- Ensure financial management reporting processes are in place to support the on-going and future needs of the business;
- Ensure that all balance sheet reconciliations are accurate and produced on a timely basis;
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual financial statements to agreed time scales to comply with the requirements of IFRS and the Mozambique legal framework;
- Analyse financial information and reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting and procedural standards;
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements relating to financial control, financial management and accounting;
- Ensure appropriate external audit arrangements are in place and manage the audit process;
- Plan the year-end audit to ensure all information needed by the auditors is prepared and ready for audit;
- Providing ad hoc financial advice, support and reports as required by business;
- Ensure implementation and adherence to finance policies, procedures and systems across all teams.
Responsible for the development, implementation and execution of a corporate treasury function:
- Responsible for the treasury function which includes daily cash flow forecast, forward cover requirements, issuing of Letters of credit, requesting guarantees;
- Cash flow forecast for capital projects;
- Develop and implement effective controls for the treasury function.
Oversee the accounting activities in the business units to ensure effective accounting systems, policies and procedures:
- Develop, implement and monitor SOP’s in the business in accordance with company requirements and accounting standards;
- Develops and executes processes to allow for routine and analytical reviews of the company’s financial and operational performance;
- Review all product costing, margin analysis and input into pricing decision making;
- Supervises, directs and reviews the work of the accounting teams, including but not limited to;
- Review and authorisation of all journals;
- Review balance sheet reconciliations on an ongoing basis;
- Makes and implements recommendations to improve accounting processes and procedures;
- Responsible for the reconciliation of income statement turnover and VAT turnover.
Responsible for budget process of corporate functions to achieve service delivery excellence as well as responsibility to deliver a consolidated group budget:
- Responsible for preparation and coordinate the company annual budget and 5-year financial forecast process in collaboration with the Executive Team;
- Assists and actively contributes to the annual budget setting through consultation with the Executive Team;
- Responsible for the financial modelling and analysis processes to support the development of long-term strategic initiatives and business plans;
- Prepare and review detailed budgets for approval by management;
- Support the budget process and submit a consolidated budget to Corporate;
- Prepare the on-going update of the 5-year Financial forecast ensuring a firm financial foundation for longer term financial planning, and ensuring that this is in line with company strategy;
- Review of capital expenditure requests before they are submitted for approval.
Ensure that management information is produced on a timely basis:
- Weekly profit forecast;
- Oversee monthly trial balance for the company, ensuring all costs are accounted for, allocations are correct and in line with budget;
- Preparation of monthly internal management reports;
- Analyse financial information and reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting and procedural standards;
- Provide KPI, gross profit, fixed and variable cost analysis;
- Review of actual vs. budget and provide input to Executive Team re profitability expectations and financial performance expectations, feed ideas re corrective actions where needed and margin improvement opportunities, including customers and product level profitability;
- Responding timeously to queries for financial and non-financial information from corporate finance;
- Providing ad hoc financial advice, support and reports as required by budget holders and category executive including financial input into new business development initiatives.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- BCom Accounting or similar qualification essential + CIMA;
- CA(SA) preferable;
- At least 8 – 10 years’ related work experience at a senior level in a manufacturing/FMCG organisation;
- Well experienced in developing and improving business processes, as well as financial and performance management reports;
- Experience in establishing financial control and strategies;
- Experience in the preparation and finalisation of accounts in accordance with current regulations;
- Advanced level of excel knowledge.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Position;
- Market Related.
Comments Off on Integrated Resilience and Recovery Project Manager
Purpose of the position:
- The proposed position (Project Manager), aims to lead the implementation of Guijá/ Mabalane Integrated;
- Resilience and Recovery Project, in response to the increased vulnerability of households in Guijá and Mabalane District. This project aims to employ an integrated approach to strengthening resilience and reduce vulnerability to climate change induced disasters and promoting long-term recovery, recognizing that resilience is multifaceted aspect and requires a multi-sectoral response in order to have an effective and sustainable effect on the wellbeing of the most vulnerable children and their families.
The role will ensure successful implementation of the project activities covering 4 sectors namely:
- Agriculture and Food Security;
- Economic Development; Disaster Mitigation;
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene and Spiritual well-being and positive relationships;
S/he will also provide technical backstopping and facilitation, working closely with the main stakeholder including the government partners to the target communities to improve their resilience to multiple risks and their capacity to respond to their vulnerabilities.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities;
- Perform other duties as required;
- Attend and participate in chapel and devotional times, understand and model a lifestyle compatible with the Christian faith.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the job training:
Minimum Qualification required:
- High degree on Disaster Reduction, Environment Social sciences or other related.
- 5 years experience working in DRR and CCA management or related technical position;
- Direct experience with and thorough working knowledge of the collection, organization and
presentation of pertinent information for decision-making.
- Excellent Portuguese communication skills and working knowledge of English;
- Ability to write well and express technical and humanitarian ideas in an informed manner;
- Agreement with World Vision’s Core Values and Mission Statement.
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills, familiarity with Windows, Word Perfect, Word, Lotus 123, Excel, and Power Point and Publisher;
- Must have the ability to prioritize situations of responsibility, which must be dealt with;
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities;
- Must have excellent employee relations, managerial ability and leadership capacity;
- Ability to work without supervision, and demonstrate initiative and innovation;
- Computer literate (Operate Ms word and Excel and Lotus note).
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with travel to the field;
- Travel: 30 % Domestic/international travel is required;
- On call: 10%.
Comments Off on Senior Sales Supervisor
- Identify business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry;
- Analyze financial and operating statements for profitability ratiosOpen Distributors and Monitor their functionality maximizing their sales turnover;
- Manage local sales team performance and capability development;
- Propose to top management sales boosting promotions and ensure constant product availability and visibility in the market;
- Monitor market prices keeping deviations from recommended prices at low levels;
- Assist sales representatives and team to meet and exceed goals.
- Degree in Business Management/Commerce or related field;
- Certification in Marketing or Sales is an advantage;
- At least 5 Years of prior experience in Sales, mainly in Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) Sector;
- Planning and leadership skills;
- Good communication and public relations skills;
- Negotiation skills;
- English, Portuguese and a local language;
- Able to adjust in multicultural environment.
Comments Off on Trade Marketing Account Representative
Job purpose and key deliverables
We build distinctive brands that excite our consumers and satisfy their needs in a highly complex and competitive retail environment. Our trade marketing account representatives manage the tobacco business for a collection of accounts in a geographical area, implementing corporate plans, negotiating strategies and meeting business objectives.
Join us and you’ll act as a strategic partner to retailers, giving them expert advice and knowledge on products, pricing and a variety of other areas. Show us you’ve got what it takes to succeed and you’ll find plenty of challenge, opportunity and the support you need. As well as fantastic benefits, we’ll invest in your learning and development and give you continuous feedback and coaching to help you meet your full potential.
- Own performance across your territory and maintain strong retailer relationships.
- Plan visits, go to retailers, build strong business relationships, answer their questions, issues and concerns, and monitor contract compliance.
- Implement cycle and regional/district activities to achieve national, regional, and district-level objectives.
- Meet market demand for our products by maintaining inventory levels and hitting brand distribution targets.
- Work on special projects with a team of trade marketing account representatives.
You’ll be a graduate or equivalent in marketing, business, or a related field, with excellent sales, marketing and negotiation skills. With the drive to work independently and focus on results, you’ll be a strategic thinker with strong business acumen. Most of all, you’ll be a proven leader with the ability to create close working relationships with a wide variety of trade partners.
You’ll be travelling extensively across your territory to meet a wide variety of trade partners, so you’ll need to be prepared to spend a lot of time on the road.
Working at BAT
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice — whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
There’s no doubt our industry is controversial — we’re the first to admit that. But rest assured, we take a responsible approach to our trade. In each of our markets, we observe every local law regarding tobacco (in many cases going further through our own voluntary code). Not only that, we treat our farmers fairly, invest in the environment and help to sustain local communities.
We also excel at developing our own people into leaders of the future. As an organisation with a high-performance culture, we’ll expect a lot from you. But we’ll support you every step of the way to help you deliver. If you’re passionate and ambitious, rapid career progression is a reality here. And because we’re such a large company (we employ more than 55,000 people worldwide), there are plenty of exciting opportunities for you to develop a truly extraordinary career.
Comments Off on Manager: Trade Marketing South Region
To plan and manage marketing activities in the region. Must provide high level support to Sales and Mpesa teams. Responsible for, planning, implementation and management of trade coordinators, field market and activations teams/ projects in line with an aggressive market growth strategy.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Develop, implement, manage and report on trade activities, field and marketing activations in the province/ region
- Manage implementation and certificate presence activities (painting, outdoor material) in the region
- Manage merchandising, branding and presence materials allocated for the region
- Guarantee placement of branding and presence materials in the region
- Implement and manage Sponsorship & Events activities in the region
- Implement and manage Health and Safety policies and procedures in all marketing activities
Key performance indicators
- Right person on the right job (match skills, knowledge and behaviour);
- Delivery on time
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- At least 4 years relevant senior experience in Marketing, specifically on Trade activities
- Partner relationship with key stakeholders (suppliers, dealers, municipalities and government institutions )
- Cross-functional relationships with others in the business, e.g. Sales, Mpesa
- Fluent in Portuguese and English. Must know at least 2 languages of the province/ Region
- Negotiation techniques
Academic and professional qualifications
- Honours degree in Marketing or related field(s)
- Microsoft Office software packages
- Long distance driving ( mostly in tough roads and rural areas)
- Spend most of the time in the road/ market
- Work in very crowded environments
- Breach of Health and Safety rules
Comments Off on Teritory Supervisor: M-Pesa Gaza
Growth and quality management of the M-Pesa agent and merchant network as well as the management of the Sales force.
Key Accountabilities And Decision Ownership
- Acquire new M-Pesa agents and manage the existing base
- Acquire new M-Pesa merchants and manage the existing base
- Adequately train and manage the Sales force
- Acquire and manage distribution network partners
- Ensure that both agent and merchant base adhere to the agreed quality and compliance standards
- Fraud management
Key Performance Indicators
- 30 Day active agents
- 30 Day active merchants
- Merchant Revenue
- Agent quality
- Level of Sales force expertise
Must Have Technical / Professional Qualifications
- University Degree or equivalent qualification.
- At least 3 years’ experience in sales or marketing role in a corporate multinational environment with an outstanding sales performance record.
- Training in sales management, customer relationship management, business administration and team building courses, will be advantageous.
- Telecoms industry (advantage).
- Strong project management and reporting skills.
- Strong Sales Planning Skills.
- Strong Commercial deal structuring skills.
- Strong stock management skills.
- Driving license is a necessity.
Core Competencies, Knowledge And Experience
- Strong Customer Focus.
- Working with minimum supervision.
- Ability to manage a team, and support staff (Team player).
- Result driven
- Business awareness
- Problem Solving and analysis.
- Planning /Implementing /Coordinating
- Driven to Learn & Research
- Influencing and Advising
- Writing and Presentation Skills
Comments Off on Resort General Manager
Only Mozambiquan citizens or individuals with permanent residency are eligible to apply for this role. Must speak English and French. Clear criminal record and clear credit record.The General Manager (GM) is responsible for the day-to-day management of the resort and its staff. Is accountable for budgeting and financial management, planning, organising and directing all hotel services, e.g. front-of-house (reception, concierge, reservations), food and beverage operations, and housekeeping.
- Day-to-day management of the resort
- Manage and coordinate Department Heads (HOD) and Managers:
- Work schedules
- Recruitment and hiring of new staff
- Resolution of staff issues
- Execution of performance reviews and training staff
- Execution of activities via instructions to the HOD’s and supervision of execution
- Manage budgets, forecasts and implement costs savings
- Responsible for in-dept negotiations and relationship building with Governmental entities and Community Leaders; Majority of business is Government conferences (44%)
- Maintain high quality of operations (internal and external audits)
- Implement the SOPs optimally in the resort and act as a flag ship establishment for the brand
- Prepare monthly financial reporting
- Ensure effective administration for invoices, payment thereof and drafting of management data
- Complaints management
- Leading meetings and committees required by the group
- Ensure +85% guest satisfaction throughout resort
- 5+ years’ exp within the hotel / lodge / property industry and hotel management
- Related Hospitality and Management qualifications
- Previous exp in Government negotiations and relationship building
- Sound track record of customer satisfaction
- Market related remuneration
Desired Qualification Accreditation