Zambezia Action Plan Project Manager
Karna is seeking a Zambezia Action Plan (ZAP) Project Manager. He or she will provide technical assistance to CDC-Mozambique in the planning, development, and implementation of Zambezia Action Plan (ZAP). This includes providing overall coordination for different HIV interventions supported by PEPFAR – including HIV antiretroviral therapy (ART), prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV (PMTCT), HIV counseling and testing (HTC), supply-chain, laboratory networks etc – in order to successfully implement ZAP.
*This position is contingent upon contract award*
- Provides program coordination, oversight, and technical assistance in monitoring the ZAP program.
- Provides project management and technical consultation and assistance to CDC-Mozambique with PEPFAR implementing partners, host government ministry collaborators and non-governmental organizations in implementation of ZAP activities.
- Ensures initiative goals, objectives, targets and work plan aligns with overall COP strategy and other agency priorities.
- Participates with USG PEPFAR team as well as external partners in planning for needs for the ZAP project.
- Works closely with the PEPFAR team and partners in developing strategies and methods for implementation and improvement. Responsible for task allocation and coordination, setting and meeting development timelines, and testing and quality assurance. Identifies implementation strategies.
- Makes regular site visits and works closely with designated program managers in each partner organization as well as agency technical leads in related program.
- Travels to districts to provide technical assistance and monitoring the program. During site visits, reviews progress and monitors the process (including resource allocation), outcome and impact of HIV/AIDS-related activities, identifies implementation achievements as well as challenges in performance, and initiates appropriate actions in consultation with the Ministry of Health, implementing partners and CDC.
- Exercises judgment in planning and carrying out tasks, in resolving problems and conflicts, and in taking steps necessary to meet deadlines. Facilitates appropriate information sharing for disseminating progress on tasks. Ensures all information sharing and communication is done accurately and timely both internally and externally.
External Stakeholder/Partner Coordination
- Coordinate and develop materials for external stakeholders, including but not limited to Government of Mozambique, Civil Society, Bi-lateral partners and ensures ZAP project goals, objectives, targets and work plan aligns with external stakeholder plans and bi-lateral partners.
- Regularly provides briefs and recommendations to CDC on key stakeholder issues as they occur.
- Prepares regular and ad hoc written progress reports. Reporting responsibilities are monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Makes oral presentations as necessary.
- Maintains files and records specific project activities/programs for which contractor is responsible. Program files include reports, meeting summaries and minutes, copies of all grants/cooperative agreements/contracts, as well as technical documentation (technical considerations, target files, etc). Whenever possible these records will be filed electronically for recordkeeping purposes.
- Master’s degree in public health or related field.
- Minimum of 5-years’ experience related to managing HIV and TB public health projects;
- Experience working in Mozambique managing HIV and TB projects is recommended.
- Fluency in English is required (Level III). Fluency in writing, speaking, and reading of Portuguese (Level III) is required.