Workshop Manager I
An opportunity for an Workshop Manager I in Mozambique to manage the fleet maintenance programme, budget vehicle maintenance costs to acceptable levels and manage stores stock levels and the purchase of replacement parts and equipment Please view full job spec for more information.
Key Performance Areas
- Manage the workshop team;
- Develop and maintain a sound relationship with operations staff and suppliers;
- Manage the fleet maintenance programme;
- Manage the budget vehicle maintenance costs to acceptable levels;
- Manage stores stock levels and the purchase of replacement parts and equipment;
- Working knowledge of maintaining a haulage fleet comprising of truck, trailers and loading equipment.
Education and Experience
- Exposure to Labour Relations Management;
- Computer literacy – MS Excel and MS Word;
- SHEQ standards and requirements;
- Should have at least five years experience in a technical environment in fleet management;
- Academically the ideal candidate will be in a possession of a Diesel Mechanic qualification, Technical Transportation Diploma or Degree. A ( UJ) Transportation certificate or diploma would be advantageous;
- At least 5 years experience in a similar position.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to monitor vehicle utilization and control of maintenance;
- Exposure to fabrication technologies (boiler making / welding);
- Extensive and an in-depth knowledge of maintenance philosophies for a varied range of automotive and materials handling equipment, specifically:-(Service scheduling and planning; Tooling; Cost and quality control; Budgeting and forecasting)
- Must be in possession of a B class driver’s license. Possession of a class EC driver’s license would be an added advantage;
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance programmes;
- Knowledge of bulk cement discharge pumps;
- Able to communicate;
- Able to work under pressure;
- Deadline orientated;
- Good understanding of technical and financial components of the job;
- Must be figure orientated;
- Have sound IR and HR management capabilities;
- Self motivated and the ability to work to pre-determined goals;
- Must have sound knowledge of Health and Safety.