Technical Site Manager – Food Processing
Accommodation + Health Insurance + Availability of Company Car.
Social enterprise aiming to unleash the agricultural potential of the rural areas of Mozambique by introducing unique mobile processing technology and the processing of cassava in particular. The company has been processing cassava for the past 5 years with operations in the provinces Nampula and Inhambane.
Main types of machines to be worked include a centrifugal separator/decanter, a high-speed rasper, centrifugal sieves, generators, water pumps (submerged), and other general plant equipment such as MCC, conveyor, VSDs, etc. From this list, experience with various sizes of motors, high speed and/or high torque rotational equipment will be advantageous. Also, any experience in the starch or sugar industry will be beneficial.
We are looking for a Technical Manager to run our operation in Inhambane.
- General well-being and safety of personnel;
- Ensuring machines are operated by the recommended operating procedures;
- Overseeing production of all products produced at site;
- Ensuring that maintenance of production machines and site equipment is done timely and at regular interval according to the recommended instructions;
- Able to draft and archive maintenance schedules and updates;
- Able to organise workshop in a professional manner;
- Managing of production team at site;
- Growth of technical capabilities DMM personnel.
- Experience with organising and leading production;
- Background in food processing industries in particular starch and flour production:
- Sound background in operating mechanical equipment and machinery;
- At least 5 years of experience working with electrical systems;
- Knowledge of PLC driven production processes;
- Programming of electronic equipment;
- Comfortable operating LPG energized machinery;
- Basic computer skill such as Microsoft word, excel and outlook;
- Able to work with local technicians and willing to share and transfer knowledge
- Problem solving driven;
- Proven ability to live and work under challenging conditions;
- Team player and clear communicator:
- Higher education level.
- Permanent contract;
- Health insurance;
- Availability of company car;
- Declaration of cost based on zero based budget principle;
- Company computer and telephone.
Please email your CV to: