Technical Proposal Consultant
Reporting to the Country Director and the Principal Investigator, the technical consultant will support ICAP in the development of a response to the forecasted CDC funding opportunity: Enhanced Peer Mentorship in PMTCT: Helping Mothers End Pediatric HIV in Mozambique under PEPFAR (1903). The consultant will support the Country Director and the proposal team by providing information and expert advice on peer educator models and policy, with an emphasis on HIV positive pregnant and breastfeeding women (PBFW) and prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT). The consultant will also advise on peer-based psychological support and case management for PBFWs, HIV exposed infants, and newly diagnosed HIV positive children <5 years of age.
This position is grant funded.
- Focused needs assessment of the opportunity; compile and analyze relevant reports, evaluations, documents, and background information on PEPFAR activities related to the opportunity to deepen current understanding of PMTCTand peer mentoring activities
- Desk review of current context and priority needs related to the funding opportunity;
- Identify untapped areas and innovations that can be applied in Mozambique;
- Support the Country Director, Principal Investigator, and proposal team in identifying gaps and opportunities;
- Map current stakeholder landscape and approaches, and assess strengths and weaknesses; advise on potential essential partners and appropriate scopes of work;
- Assist with staff planning, staff structure, and identification and recruitment of candidates;
- Participate in regular proposal calls/meetings;
- Review and provide feedback on drafts of the technical proposal narrative and appendices, as requested.
- PhD, Medical Degree, or Master’s Degree in public health, health administration, international development or a related field or proof of relevant program experience.
Experience, skills & minimum required qualification
- 10+ years of progressive experience in the design and implementation of large, multi-partner, multi-year HIV programs or related public health programs in the context of a developing country, preferably with experience in planning, implementation and monitoring of PMTCT and peer education programs;
- Basic familiarity with peer mentoring frameworks in low resource settings;
- At least 5 years of experience living or working in low resource settings, preferably Mozambique;
- Previous experience working in Mozambique, with thorough understanding of the local health system and HIV prevention, care, and treatment is a plus;
- Exhibit a high level of diplomacy and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with CDC, local government counterparts, and representatives from other key stakeholders, such as NGOs, CSOs, and the private health sector.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in strategic support in guiding responses to funding opportunities. Strong familiarity and command of CDC regulations, compliance, and reporting requirements;
- Proven record of strategic thinking, team support, partnership management, opportunity-identification, and building strong collaborative partnership networks;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Verbal and written communication skills in Portuguese is a plus.
Please send cover letter and CV by email with subject title “Mozambique Technical Proposal Consultant” to email@example.com.