Team Leader Off-grid Energy Market Development
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation with long-term, local presence in over 30 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our team of advisors works with local partners to equip communities and businesses with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services. SNV works across three sectors: Agriculture, Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH). Several international donors fund our programmes. SNV has a 120+ million euro annual turnover and is aiming for further growth.
SNV will be tendering for a donor-funded programme in Mozambique, which is expected to start around August/September 2018 and will focus on Off-Grid Energy market development. The programme will have a strong emphasis on private sector development, demand creation, research and learning, creating an enabling environment, and catalysing investments in Off-grid renewables.
Overview of the Position
You will have responsibility for overall design and management of the programme which includes: overall programme management, supervision of a market development fund, supervision of operations, administration, logistics, procurement; supervision of monitoring, evaluation and knowledge development; and ensuring quality control and timeliness of all deliverables including reporting as required by the donor.
- Manage the overall programme set-up and design, development and implementation of the fund;
- Build, strengthen and manage strategic partnerships with relevant government institutions, key partners, Energy Access networks and stakeholders related to off-grid renewable energy market development and policy reform;
- Develop work plans, budgets and competence table with financial responsibilities and mandates;
- Monitor and ensure performance of the programme and ensure that all milestones are met according to donor requirements, develop mitigation plans to reduce setbacks and take corrective actions to remedy any deviation from work plan(s)
- Overall management of resources allocated to the project;
- Member of the Steering Committee and representing the programme externally;
- Account and report to the donor and consortium partners on programme performance;
- Guide knowledge development, learning, communication and branding in close collaboration with the donor;
- Identify follow-up funding for leveraging the project and coordinate partnership possibilities and business development.
- A postgraduate qualification in Economics, Finance, Development or equivalent;
- A minimum of 8 years or more in managing large donor-funded private sector development programs;
- Solid experience in managing private sector development funds;
- Demonstrated experience in leading projects that incorporate two or more of the following cross-cutting approaches: Promotion of Off-Grid Energy Products, Business Enabling Environment, Policy Reform, Consumer Awareness, Access to Finance, Gender and Youth Employment;
- A background in managing teams of national and international experts;
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with government representatives, donors, other donor-funded projects and other stakeholders;
- Results orientated and commitment to accountability;
- Work experience in Sub-Saharan Africa is essential, preferably in Mozambique;
- Excellent communication (written and oral), reporting and presentation skills; and
- Fluency in English and advanced proficiency in Portuguese or Spanish.
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a highly professional and diverse working environment. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org