Supply Chain Advisor
Karna is seeking a Supply Chain Advisor. He or she will provide technical assistance to CDC-Mozambique in the planning, development, and implementation of supply-chain systems. This includes providing overall coordination for supply-chain, logistics, and commodity management related activities for CDC, including managing resolutions for possible stock ruptures and funding issues.
*This position is contingent upon contract award*
- Coordinate and provide technical assistance for forecasting, purchase, distribution and pipeline monitoring of pharmaceutical and laboratory commodities.
- Provide technical assistance to CDC-Mozambique via various cooperative agreements with the host-government counterparts and PEPFAR implementing partners in developing and implementing activities to harmonize and strengthen supply-chain systems.
- Participate in joint site visits with implementing partners to support provincial level implementation of the supply chain and to monitor operations and efficiency.
- Recommend / promote / facilitate the maintenance and improvement of supply chain systems to CDC-Mozambique.
- Assist CDC/DGHT Mozambique and PEPFAR-Mozambique implementing partners with the development of proposals and work plans for implementing activities related to supply-chain
- Conduct site meeting and visits to CDC/DGHT Mozambique and PEPFAR-Mozambique implementing partners to assess, monitor, and evaluate implementation of activities focusing on supply-chain.
- Assist in the development of program evaluation strategies, methodologies and indicators for monitoring supply chain activities.
- Facilitate dissemination of results/findings of program assessments and monitoring of supply chain activities.
- Make recommendations to CDC-Mozambique program on future project design, strategy, project management and measure of impact to assist with program planning and Country Operation Plan development.
- Provide updated technical information on supply-chain to implementing partners. Respond to requests from stake-holders, such as Non-Government Organizations, health care organizations, and medical/public health professionals, for information and technical assistance on supply-chain programs and strategies.
- Work with partners to promote the dissemination of appropriate messages and design innovative approaches to enhance and strengthen supply chain in Mozambique.
- Bachelor’s in operations management, logistics, pharmacy, business, project management, public health, industrial engineering, business administration, operations management, or other related area.
- Minimum of 5-years’ experience in supply chain management, logistics, or related area.
- Experience working in Mozambique is recommended.
- Fluency in writing, speaking, and reading of English and Portuguese (Level III).