Senior Specialist: Business Continuity Management
Assist the company on developing strategies and improve the capability to plan for and respond to incidents and business disruptions in order to continue business operations at an acceptable predefined level, for both business and technical areas.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Business Continuity Awareness – Raise awareness in Business Continuity among all staff as well as during BIAs/TIAs/Strategy presentation and Plan walkthrough sessions;
- Business Resilience – Embed business continuity into the company’s business activities and processes to ensure the recover capability is part of the ordinary activities/processes;
- Technology Resilience – ensure the company’s capability to recover from incidents affecting the technology;
- Supplier Review and Evaluation – Identify and classify suppliers and recommend controls to mitigate risks.
Key performance indicators
- Management capability to deal with incidents, following the predefined communication and escalation channels according to the respective Business Continuity Plans;
- Technology areas being capable of responding to incidents affecting their systems (isolated and aggregated) within the pre-defined timelines with the lowest impact to the customer;
- Identification and assessment of key suppliers and definition controls to reduce the likelihood of impact on the delivery of products/services.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Certification by the Business Continuity Institute (CBCI);
- Degree in Business Management/Information Technology/equivalent;
- MS Office (Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Access; Visio);
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Experience in Risk Management;
- Experience on telecommunications;
- Good understanding on the telecommunication technologies, functionalities and interdependencies;
- Good Interpersonal and presentation Skills;
- Management Skills.