Senior Medical Epidemiologist
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. Through Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning and Knowledge Management practice areas, QED is working to maximize our clients’ return on investment through accountability, continuous learning, and sound management.
The Senior Medical Epidemiologist provide technical assistance (TA) to CDC-Mozambique in the area of HIV and TB services. The contractor will provide TA by coordinating, planning, and developing plans for HIV and TB services to ensure that CDC-Mozambique meets its mission and targets.
The main tasks assigned under this task order are:
- Provide technical assistance in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of HIV and TB programs in Mozambique.
- Recommend / promote / facilitate the maintenance and improvement of standards of HIV and TB services for patients and beneficiaries in Mozambique
- Participate in training programs for Government of Mozambique and implementing partner staff and other activities designed to enhance staff skills in HIV and TB services.
- Assist CDC/DGHT Mozambique and PEPFAR Mozambique implementing partners with the development of proposals and work plans for implementing HIV Care & Treatment, including HIV and TB activities.
- Conduct site meeting and visits to CDC/DGHT Mozambique and PEPFAR Mozambique implementing partners to assess, monitor, and evaluate implementation of HIV and TB programs against goals and objectives.
- Develop program evaluation strategies, methodologies and indicators for monitoring HIV and TB programs in accordance with standard guidelines and protocols
- Facilitate dissemination of scientific evidence and findings of program assessments, monitoring, and evaluation of HIV and TB programs to GRM officials, interagency working groups, and CDC/DGHT Mozambique and PEPFAR Mozambique implementing partners.
- Make recommendations for future project design, strategy, project management and measure of impact to assist with program planning and Country Operation Plan development.
- Provide updated technical information to partners. Respond to requests from Non-Government Organizations, health Care and treatment organizations and medical professionals for information and technical assistance on HIV and TB programs and strategies.
- Work with partners to promote the dissemination of appropriate HIV and TB messages and design innovative approaches to enhance HIV and TB services in Mozambique.
- Analyze program data related to HIV and TB programs and make recommendations for program improvement. Conducts or provides support for analyses of program data. Provides technical support to CDC technical staff and CDC implementing partners in all phases of the analytical process for projects intending to use analysis of data.
- Assists technical sections and implementing partners with planning, designing, and implementing their respective evaluation plans. Takes the lead in managing evaluations and supports findings of relevance for more than one activity. Contributes to and participates in complex studies and assists with performs evaluation assignments that require independent analysis and interpretation.
- Education: Medical Degree and a Master’s degree in public health is required.
- Experience: Minimum of 7-years’ experience in HIV or TB public health system is required. A minimum of five years of experience working in Mozambique is required.
- Language: Fluency in writing, speaking, and reading of English and Portuguese (Level III) is required.