Senior Assistant, M&A
The Senior Assistant (M&A) executes comprehensive administrative transactions for country program operation and office management. The Senior Assistant is in charge of processing budget executions and office cash controls in line with GGGI finance policies and accounting standards; carrying out procurement plans and managing contract payments; administering office HR requisitions and onboarding procedures; in keeping with GGGI policies, standards and donor requirements.
The role of Senior Assistant is executing administrative transactions in program operation and office management fully meeting established institutional policies, standards and donor requirements across budget execution, procurement & HR processes implementation and other operational functions.
- Master ERP functionalities and other M& A applications; provide technical assistance for the country team on the new system, applications, and reporting formats
- Inform the country team on the up-to-date procedures, policies and reporting requirement of all administrative transactions; provide alerts on upcoming deadlines for the country team
- Identify issues and risks that will affect consistent program and office operation and report to the Country Representative
- Execute office budget disbursement and spending following budget execution plans and schedules in line with yearly work programs and budget line
- Manage office bookkeeping and cash control; manage financing documents according to GGGI standards and rules; managing periodic office bank account reconciliation and book closing
- Administer procurement plans and manage contract payments in line with yearly work programs, outsourcing plans and budget lines.
- Administer country office HR requisitions and onboarding procedures based on approved headcounts
- Place initial screening and controls on country office spending, procurement requests and contract issuance
- Verify data and provide consistency check on data entry and document from spending and expenses of country office operation
- Develop reports on country specific M&A issues (office banking solutions, visa processing, logistics solutions, etc.) based on identified needs and requests
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance or communications
- 5 years’ experience in leading project monitoring and control, budgeting, reporting and delivery processes
- Experience in international or non-governmental organizations
- Excellent command of English and Portuguese.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and proven ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong communication skills with the ability to create and edit various forms of internal and external communication
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, and other software applications
- Ability to create and maintain standardized outputs and corporate identity for project team (templates, correspondence, forms, etc).
- Ability to initiate and follow through with process
- Ability to work in a diverse, multicultural setting
- Ability to work in team settings and with minimal supervision
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends to support project delivery