The Security Manager, Mozambique, is located in Maputo, Mozambique and will manage and execute Anadarko Petroleum Company (APC) security policy, protocols and procedures to provide a secure working environment for Anadarko personnel and the physical assets associated with APC’s Mozambique business operations. This role reports directly to the Director, International Security, located in Houston, TX, as well locally to the Country Manager. This role will directly supervise the Deputy Security Manager and Security Coordinators located throughout Mozambique at various locations, including the project site in Northern Mozambique on the Afungi Peninsula. The Security Manager is the Corporate Security department’s subject matter expert assigned to the Mozambique LNG project and in this role will have project related accountabilities. This role will also be responsible for security related liaison with representatives from the Mozambique government including senior law enforcement and military leaders as well as Embassy Security officials from the USA, UK, etc. Security contracts with physical and information security providers will also be the responsibility of this role.
This individual will be accountable for proactively identifying security risk indicators, including security threats potentially posing harm to personnel, physical assets, and information associated with Anadarko’s business in Mozambique. Additionally, the Security Manager will provide reasonable and business focused risk mitigation strategies and measures that are both effective and business focused and add value to the overall company objectives.
The successful candidate will have the ability to identify, evaluate, analyze, and propose initiatives that bridge the gap between APC’s assessed host country risk mitigation capabilities and the realistic host country’s security risk resources, capabilities and historic response.
The Security Manager, Mozambique, is based in the Anadarko office located in Maputo Mozambique and will have daily responsibility of implementing, managing, and adapting security protocols to include the safety of employees and visitors to our Mozambique locations.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following qualifications:
- Extensive operational security experience with large multi-national energy projects (Mega Projects) including the development of project specific requirements in remote and underdeveloped environments.
- Senior level experience liaising with company and project executive leadership.
- Extensive experience managing security protocols in medium and high-risk locations, conducting site security assessments and implementing security mitigation measures.
- Significant experience with all levels of threat assessment pertaining to persons, energy facilities, transportation and logistical management (aviation, overland, and maritime).
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills in an international environment. Proficiency in Portuguese is a plus.
- Senior level experience liaising with host government agencies including respective national security forces, military, nonmilitary public and private security professionals.
- Experience with International Security and Human Rights best practice in medium and high risk locations.
- Previous leadership experience in supervising expatriate security personnel working in medium, high-risk, and restricted host government environments.
- Experience with evaluating post-colonial Sub-Sahara Africa regional specific security challenges.
- Proven ability to initiate and implement a security crisis response program and manage crisis incidents in environments which lack developed emergency response infrastructure and capability.
- Manage existing APC security focused protocols and best practice policies to ensure efficient and effective risk mitigation are in place to foster a safe environment for APC business operations personnel and physical assets.
- Specific focus on unique circumstances faced by rotators as well as frequent travelers to remote Mega Project locations.
- Develop and initiate new security focused protocols when and where required
- Provide focus on APC internal business stakeholders to effectively collaborate as a member of the project team.
- Ensure the business strategy and objectives are always in full consideration of any security risk assessment and respective recommended mitigation measures.
- Implement and maintain any physical, technical and emergency security related protocols to ensure the safety of both remote and office based personnel.
- Develop and maintain established network with local and national police and military security services.
- Develop and maintain a security focused network/contacts with peer company security professionals.
- Support 24/7 operations to provide guidance and direction in response to any type of security related incident.
High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelors degree or equivalent strongly preferred.
Military education or equivalent recognized
Globally recognized security accreditations and certifications recognized
This position is eligible for expatriate relocation to Maputo, Mozambique.
Travel will be required up to 30% within Mozambique.
Limited international travel.
This position will be eligible for the 5/40 work schedule, but will be required to support 24/7 operations as needs arise.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and / or employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee’s and applicant’s disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following ‘Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law’ Poster.