Retail Store IT Manager
Our client, operating in the retail sector seeks to employ an IT Manager to be based in Maputo, Mozambique.
- Shows leadership and manages all IT personnel giving guidance, job descriptions and evaluations sessions; and ensuring the application of all internal administrative rules and regulations.
- Administers and maintains LAN and WAN technologies/equipment, router and switches to ensure reliable operation, optimization of performance and to meet the requirement of the users. Includes monitoring network performance, checking network components and taking corrective actions, either in troubleshooting personally or by referring more complex matters to providers or suppliers for action.
- Supervises installation and maintenance of IT equipment and computers. Includes organizing flow of activities and implementation procedures for efficient operation.
- Monitors the performance of the internet. Includes liaising in the ISP, network equipment suppliers, and telecommunication agencies, to implement contract terms and consultants directives. Arranges to provide reliable and optimal consumption of Internet bandwidth and proper usage.
- Implements network procedures and updates installation of the security policy on the configurations of the respective components of the infrastructure; i.e. hardware, systems and applications.
- Participates in setting the plans and the Budget needed for the maintenance, the development and the upgrades of the IT operations, and ensure the strict follow up of the set Budget for the year.
- Maintains and manages user’s accounts, group policy, domain controller, etc. Includes ensuring intranet connectivity and categorizing accounts according to established access rights and security policy.
- Participates in the assessment of software requirements of users. Assists purchasing department in preparing IT equipment specifications and evaluation of product. Reports findings to supervisor.
- Carries out backup and recovery activities, documents updated version of routers, firewall, and suitable configurations as required.
- Make sure all items on Admin system got pictures, and all descriptions/categories/Supplier references/pack sizes are up-to-date.
- Input International GRN to Admin system.
- Prepare International and Local Claims.
- Process the Stock Adjustments, Claims, Wastages and Expiry Products to Admin system.
Follow up on Local GRN Checking, GRN processes, claims, price adjustments, Damaged/Wastage items if they are getting done on time on a daily basis.