Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is one of the largest independent oil and gas exploration and production companies, with corporate offices in The Woodlands, Texas. Anadarko’s mission is to deliver a competitive and sustainable rate of return to Shareholders by developing, acquiring and exploring for oil and gas resources vital to the world’s health and welfare.
The Recruiter is responsible for the execution of talent acquisition strategies required to develop a pipeline of talent which meets the needs of the Mozambique LNG project in country. This includes leveraging market trends and best practices to develop talent attraction campaigns to attract local talent.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of five (5) years of human resources experience with specific experience in staffing industrial projects and/or operations. Other specific skills and experience requirements include:
- Major international projects experience, especially building large downstream facilities.Experience directly supporting projects/operations in Africa is preferred;
- Experience working on a Greenfield project and/or in a start-up environment;
- Experience working with a team of recruiters and workforce staffing service providers;
- Experience utilizing social media for recruiting purposes;
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively work across multiple HR functions and business teams, understanding and anticipating stakeholder needs and collaborating to develop effective solutions;
- Effectively communicate (written and verbal) to interact and interface with internal clients and external candidates;
- Possess refined interviewing techniques to draw relevant information from candidate;
- Respect and manage confidential information;
- Extremely organized to effectively manage multiple job openings in a high activity environment;
- Understand and utilize applicable employment laws in recruiting practices;
- Proficient computer skills with applications such as MS Office Suite, SAP, Taleo or other ATS software.
Additional specific responsibilities include:
- Serve as a member of the talent acquisition project team alongside resources including third-party services providers and staffing agencies;
- Serve as a point of contact for recruiting related activities and needs;
- Provide back-up support for the Lead Recruiter;
- Liaise with other HR functions to help ensure talent acquisition processes are carried out effectively and efficiently;
- Review and enhance job descriptions where necessary working with the HR Business Partner and business hiring manager to ensure requirements are adequately represented;
- Report and communicate recruiting metrics to monitor the efficiency and time span to fill positions;
- Network through industry contacts, association memberships and trade groups to access top talent in the LNG industry;
- Attend recruiting events to brand Anadarko as an employer of choice and increase visibility of the LNG Mozambique;
- Support the recruiting process by working with other project recruiters and third-party vendors to perform the following:
- Actively source candidates leveraging social media, networks and emerging technologies as appropriate;
- Pre-screen candidates to ensure minimum qualifications are met.
- Facilitate and coordinate on-site Interviewing process and Interview wrap-up meetings.
- Provide candidates with benefits overview and understanding of compensation package.
- Develop compensation recommendation for offer letters and send out to candidates.
- Assist as needed with pre-employment activities for the candidate.
- Support other HR projects and initiatives as required.
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required; MBA or MS is a plus.
- This position is not eligible for relocation.
- The percentage of travel required for this position is 10-15%.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following ‘Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law’ Poster.