A large horticultural company requires a commercially experienced candidate with Fresh Produce / Horticultural experience to assist and report to the Production Director as well as supporting the Senior Section managers on the day to day smooth running of one of the company’s farms with the main objective being to produce agricultural products for both the local and export markets in a sustainable and profitable manner.
- To assist and support the Production Director and the Senior Section managers with the implementation and execution of a given annual crop production program ensuring continuity of quality product to the packhouse.
- To ensure field crops are managed to meet budgeted yields and costs
- Managing and motivating the human resources on the farm
- To ensure continuous communication with the Production Director and packhouse on product availability and quality issues whenever required
- Timely feedback to the PD about crop performance
- Manage pests and diseases through Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- 5 years experience
- Farming / Horticultural related diploma
- MS Office Knowledge
- Irrigation and Farming related knowledge
- Horticulture production for export knowledge
- Skills to produce top quality crops for export
- Ability to manage people effectively to get best results and crop yield
- Self motivated and energetic
- Open to applications from the region