Please read the entire listing before applying.
- Ensure that all operations are carried out efficiently, on time, safely and economically;
- Manage the production process and set and monitor goals;
- Examining the materials produced to ensure that a high quality of product is maintained;
- Ensure that regulations are adhered to via site inspections and risk assessments;
- Manage production and extraction activities, recruit and train employees;
- Ensure that key government health and safety legislation is implemented;
- Maintaining up-to-date records and dealing with the full range of administrative requirements;
- Create reports and update records to purchase control and budget;
- Establish contacts with staff on site and address any technical or personnel challenges that arise;
- Fostering an environment that caters for cultural sensitivities and creates effective relationships with the local communities.
- Degree in Minerals Management, Mining, Quarrying or Civil Engineering;
- Fluency in English and Portuguese;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience, with 5 years’ experience in management roles in delivering successful projects in the Aggregates sector;
- Experience in developing quarries in Mozambique or the region is preferred;
- Demonstrated technical, operational, and commercial thinking and business.
Competences and Skills:
- Leadership competencies;
- A strong understanding of the value drivers in the quarry industry;
- Up-to-date understanding of the key techniques, technologies and processes in the quarrying industry;
- A creative and innovative mindset;
- Results oriented, driven by excellence and strong grasp of priorities.