This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Migration Health Project Officer
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Act as IOM Mozambique focal point for the SRHR-HIV Knows No Borders Project and coordinate project implementation in Maputo and Tete provinces;
- Oversee the monitoring and evaluation of IOM projects under the Migration Health department.
- Ensure the development of programme monitoring and evaluation systems and tools, in coordination with programme management; ensuring that monitoring and evaluation arrangements comply with donor agreements and programme requirements;
- Develop and operationalize monitoring and evaluation tools for the projects falling under the SRHR-HIV Knows No Borders Projects and other relevant projects;
- Improve the capacity of Implementing Partners on the use of M&E tools, M&E system, quarterly report writing for the donors and M&E concepts;
- Develop instruments and liaise with the health personnel at the MoH health units to improve case detection of priority diseases (HIV, TB, Malaria, etc.) among migration affected communities;
- Collaborate with IOM staff and implementing partners on both quantitative and qualitative monitoring aspects to provide relevant information for performance management and evaluation of programme/project activities, and for complying with regular reporting requirements; 7. Participate in and contribute to the United Nations M&E Reference Group and the UN Joint Team on HIV/AIDS on behalf of IOM and ensure that the IOM programmes/projects planning, and achievements are reflected and updated in a timely manner based on a Results Based Management (RBM) framework approach;
- Support implementation of results relating to the analysis and inclusion of relevant indicators measuring the health of migrants in national and other health information and surveillance systems;
- Actively support the CoM in fundraising and donor liaison for health projects and do subsequent project development for IOM Mozambique;
- Act as IOM Mozambique Security Focal Point;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Law and/or International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Substantial experience in project implementation and in the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation plans, preferably with experience in the field of research, monitoring and/or evaluation;
- Substantial knowledge of Public Health concepts, policies, tools and instruments;
- Proven experience with strategic planning approaches, M&E methods and approaches, planning and implementation of M&E systems, information/data analysis and report writing;
- Past experience working with IOM or other International NGO’s and UN partners, a distinct advantage
- Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Portuguese is an advantage. Page 2 / 3
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile. For this staff category, candidates who are
- nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements and security clearances.