Marketing & Convenience Manager
Reporting to the Lead Retail, the Marketing & Convenience Manager is responsible for developing & maintaining marketing and convenience strategies to meeting the organisational objectives.This includes:
- Creating a competitive advantage for BP in selected markets through distinctive positioning.
- Optimising brand strength to gain long term above market average demand for BP product and services.
- Providing general inputs into the overall business strategy development processes.
- Lead activities that develop the Marketing strategy (and associated implementation plans), focusing on the brand, offers and business development opportunities.
- Develop strategic partnerships with suppliers and agencies to ensure optimum working efficiencies in all marketing and convenience programmes.
- Develop key performance areas and ensure that the entire marketing unit performs well against these.
- Manage Capex and Revex and monitor performance against approved plans.
- Lead, motivate and coach the team by creating an enabling work environment that promotes and recognises individual and team efforts.
- Assist the business to develop and implement strategies and marketing tactics to ensure that products and brands are positioned to capture/ maintain market leadership positions through stronger brand identity and awareness in the markets.
- Drive the implementation of strategy and programmes including marketing, capabilities, people development, etc.
A tertiary education with an appropriate formal marketing qualification.
Essential experience and job requirements
- 2-3 years of strategic and Marketing Management experience where 5 years should have been spent at a senior management level with the demonstrable track record.
- Excellent creative, written and verbal communication skills
- Organisation and Planning skills
- Team leadership in a professional environment and networker
- Excellent problem solving, decision making and judgement skills
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment
- Fluency in Portuguese;
- Knowledge of English would be an advantage.
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of nearly 100,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 100 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
BP Southern Africa (BPSA) is part of the global BP group. The major markets of BPSA are in South Africa and Mozambique.
BPSA has 5 main businesses operating in Southern Africa:
- The Southern Africa Fuels Value Chain (SA FVC), which is responsible for the refining, marketing, wholesaling and supply of liquid fuels;
- Air BP, which supplies quality jet fuels to the aviation community;
- BP Marine, a leading supplier of fuels, lubricants and technical services to the marine industry;
- LPG, which supplies safe and reliable liquefied petroleum gas;
- BP Lubricants, which markets and supplies high quality, high value lubricants, the most famous being the Castrol brand.
BPSA is a dynamic company that aims to attract and develop talent of high caliber. A career with BP is rewarding and challenging, and opportunities for further growth and development are abundant.