Law Enforcement Analyst
This position is to to collate and analyse information from all sources pertaining to wildlife crime prosecution. The Law Enforcement Analyst is critical to providing the analytical products and distribution of information to support the effective implementation of wildlife laws in Mozambique, and prosecution of wildlife crime.
- To grade, collate and manage information from a variety of sources. This includes the processing and grading of information, maintaining a current, secure, and searchable database, and managing any archival information to insure its security.
- To support the Director to complete any tasks required.
- To liaise with all collaborating government bodies.
- To support relevant agencies in the Government of Mozambique to strengthen their capacity for wildlife crime prosecution.
- Foster and maintain internal dialogue within WCS with key internal stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration and coordination with partners, and identify mechanisms for sharing information.
- Contribute to the WCS Counter Wildlife Trafficking strategy. Implementation modalities:
- All work, and communication with partners, in countries where WCS has country programs needs to be cleared by and linked to the country program through the Country Program Director.
- Communication within WCS and with partners both within and outside of Mozambique needs to be constant and ongoing.
- Protocols for managing communications need to be developed, agreed upon with relevant partners, and implemented
- Minimum of five years experience working on information and data analysis, preferably in a legal context.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- Demonstrated abilities in advanced computing skills.
- Attention to detail, intellectually curious, and demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- High level computing skills required
- Keen eye for detail
- Intellectually curious
- Strong character, highly discreet and honest, and ability to multi-task and react quickly and manage competing demands.
- Demonstrated strong project management experience.
- Professional proficiency in English required, and Portuguese highly preferred
Interested candidates, who meet the above qualifications should apply by emailing an application letter and CV together with salary requirements
and the names and contact information of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2018 deadline. Please include “Law Enforcement Analyst”
in the subject line of your email.