About the role/ Purpose of the job
Responsible for contributing to the provision of sound legal services, with the required quality and in due time in support of the company’s business and operations in Mozambique, as well as support with identification of legal risks, enabling performance of the company’s activities in an efficient manner and according to the applicable principles.
- Provide, under the supervision of the Senior Legal Advisor, legal counselling on a variety of issues and matters related to SASOL operations in country, including (but not limited to) petroleum operations, labour and employment matters, contract law issues, environmental, etc;
- Support, under the supervision of the Senior Legal Advisor, all Sasol departments;
- Ensure fulfilment of applicable legislation by the company and all business units operating in Mozambique;
- Support the company secretary team with fulfilment of legal requirements and issue of required meeting minutes and resolutions;
- Perform legal research;
- Prepare and issue written legal opinions;
- Prepare and review contracts as requested and required for the company activities (in both the English and Portuguese);
- This position is for Mozambican citizens only.
- Law Degree
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required
- Enrolment with the Mozambican Bar Association
- Working experience in law firm or in-house legal for more than 5 years
- Experience in managing Human Resources delivery
Key competencies required
- A short summary listing only the key competencies, not all:
- Leadership (consider using the new leadership competencies?)
Functional/ Technical (as per the specific job or function; these should be assessed during interview phase or other assessment, as far as possible)
- Support legal Action;
- Legal Advice Management;
- Legal Contract Administration;
- Legal Dispute management.
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.