Integrated Resilience and Recovery Project Manager
Purpose of the position:
- The proposed position (Project Manager), aims to lead the implementation of Guijá/ Mabalane Integrated;
- Resilience and Recovery Project, in response to the increased vulnerability of households in Guijá and Mabalane District. This project aims to employ an integrated approach to strengthening resilience and reduce vulnerability to climate change induced disasters and promoting long-term recovery, recognizing that resilience is multifaceted aspect and requires a multi-sectoral response in order to have an effective and sustainable effect on the wellbeing of the most vulnerable children and their families.
The role will ensure successful implementation of the project activities covering 4 sectors namely:
- Agriculture and Food Security;
- Economic Development; Disaster Mitigation;
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene and Spiritual well-being and positive relationships;
S/he will also provide technical backstopping and facilitation, working closely with the main stakeholder including the government partners to the target communities to improve their resilience to multiple risks and their capacity to respond to their vulnerabilities.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities;
- Perform other duties as required;
- Attend and participate in chapel and devotional times, understand and model a lifestyle compatible with the Christian faith.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the job training:
Minimum Qualification required:
- High degree on Disaster Reduction, Environment Social sciences or other related.
- 5 years experience working in DRR and CCA management or related technical position;
- Direct experience with and thorough working knowledge of the collection, organization and
presentation of pertinent information for decision-making.
- Excellent Portuguese communication skills and working knowledge of English;
- Ability to write well and express technical and humanitarian ideas in an informed manner;
- Agreement with World Vision’s Core Values and Mission Statement.
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills, familiarity with Windows, Word Perfect, Word, Lotus 123, Excel, and Power Point and Publisher;
- Must have the ability to prioritize situations of responsibility, which must be dealt with;
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities;
- Must have excellent employee relations, managerial ability and leadership capacity;
- Ability to work without supervision, and demonstrate initiative and innovation;
- Computer literate (Operate Ms word and Excel and Lotus note).
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with travel to the field;
- Travel: 30 % Domestic/international travel is required;
- On call: 10%.