Group Technical Director
Our customer, a leading supplier of a variety of spare parts, accessories, and products to the trucking, mining, automotive, power generation and yellow equipment industry is looking for a Group Technical Director based in Beira, Mozambique.
- The purpose of this job is to provide high level technical support both internally and externally in line with the business strategic direction and business objectives;
- Engage with relevant decision makers to promote technical innovation, best practice and technological advancements for major projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement the foundations of a rapid, reliable, low-risk technical delivery processes;
- An understanding of effective technical methodologies relevant to industry;
- Implement technical knowledge and understanding relevant to the project and client;
- A problem-solver, who explores both creative and pragmatic solutions depending on the challenge;
- Comprehensive experience in procurement and product sourcing;
- Comprehensive experience in market research, supply and negotiation;
- Ability to profoundly influence technical decision making, solution design, vendor selection and tools;
- Ability to inspire teams and clients;
- Personable presentation skills.
- 5+ Years’ experience at management level;
- 5+ years in a technical role;
- Mechanical or Technical Degree relevant to the industry;
- Proven track record of previous performance;
- Understanding and experience in the trucking, mining, automotive, power generation and yellow equipment industry;
- Ability to speak Portuguese will be an advantage