Under the supervision of the intervention manager, ensure the implementation of the technical part of the project.
The first two years will be dedicated to selecting the sites for the construction of mini-hydro power plants and finalizing the pre-feasibility, feasibility and tender dossier for the construction.
The following three years will be dedicated to the construction and the commissioning of the schemes and the set-up of a sustainable management system.
The engineer is also expected to take part and give useful inputs in the specific objectives 2 and 3, to improve the financial sustainability of current systems and to improve project management in FUNAE.
Required level of education
- Hold a Master’s degree in engineering, preferably in the renewable energy sector or equivalent.
Required and/or desired experience
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the planning, design, construction and supervision of energy systems;
- Experience in public procurement is required;
- Experience in small hydropower systems is a strong asset;
- Experience with the design and implementation of mini-grids is a strong advantage;
- Overseas experience, of which part in sub-Sahara Africa is an advantage, knowledge of the country and/or experience working in Mozambique is a strong advantage.
- Knowledgeable about energy access and rural electrification issues.
- Skills and experience in capacity building activities and change processes.
- Knowledge of common ICT-applications, GIS-software and modelling software is an advantage.
- Team spirit and communication skills with colleagues and project partners of different social levels.
- An analytical mind and a good technical writing and reporting capacity.
- Adherence to Enabel’s values: commitment, respect, responsibility and integrity;
- Very good negotiation skills, stakeholder consensus-building ability;
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, databases);
- Reasonable level of Portuguese and willing to learn
- Very Good level of English
- He/she will be in good health, and willing to travel frequently to remote areas.
- He/she is sensitive to the cross-cutting issues of the Belgian cooperation (environment, gender, children’s rights and social economy).