Earth moving Diesel Mechanic
Afrimat Contracting International is looking for an Earthmoving Diesel Mechanic based at Pemba.
The person will be responsible for:
- Assisting with general duties assigned by Site Manager;
- Perform first line maintenance tasks on mobile plant, crushers, drill rigs, loaders, dumpers, excavators and screens;
- Perform first line of brake down repairs on plant and equipment;
- Develop, modify, construct and install related equipment required for the safe operation of all engineering equipment;
- Diagnosis, troubleshooting, faultfinding and repair, and participation in HIRA;
- Be prepared to work after hours. Will be able to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Will be able to work independently as well in a team environment.
The candidates must be medically fit in terms of the Mine Health and Safety Act and the Company standards for medical fitness.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be in possession of a Grade 12 certificate (preferably Technical);
- Be a Qualified Earthmoving Diesel Mechanic;
- 2-3 years stable working experience;
- Knowledge of tools and lubrication processes;
- Have a valid, unendorsed driver’s licence;
- Willing to travel for work purposes;
- Must be prepared to move from site to site with his team;
- Must have worked for more than 5 years on mobile crushers and have strong auto-electrical and mechanical background.
In return, the company offers a market related remuneration package to the successful candidate, including medical aid and pension benefits.
Please forward your application to the Human Resource Manager at PO Box 3, Henley on Klip, 1962 or e-mail: [Email Disabled] alternatively fax to 086 443 5390 before 23 November 2018.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The Company reserves the right not to make an appointment.