Development Worker as Adviser (m/f/d) to enhance communication and data exchange in municipalities
- Consultancy to the municipalities to strengthen their communication and data exchange (supported by IT-systems/data collection systems) based on technical and communicative advice;
- Support for capacity development measures;
- Support for communication with external IT-system providers;
- Support to prepare relevant data for residents of the involved municipalities (as direct support to the target group).
- Previous experience with the implementation of IT-based data collection systems and good knowledge of IT-Instruments/Systems (e.g. IT or communications background);
- Experience in the communication with public institutions, intercultural sensibility;
- Experience in the field of capacity development;
- Ideally previous experience to work with municipalities or related to taxes/cadastres;
- Ideally previous work experience in Africa;
- Drivers licence;
- High frustration tolerance, creativity, flexibility, able to work in teams, result driven;
- Fluent Portuguese or Spanish skills with the willingness to learn Portuguese.
- Place of residence: Beira, Mozambique (regular work place in programme office in Beira, regular travels to the involved municipalities);
- Climate: Tropical with risk of Malaria;
- Healthcare: Basic, further medical treatment possible in Maputo and South Africa;
- Supply and shopping facilities: Limited, but sufficient for daily needs, further possibilities in Maputo and South Africa;
- Accessibility: One hour flight from Maputo;
- School situation and school fees: International school (Cambridge Curriculum); school fees to be reimbursed according to GIZ regulations;
- Security: The security situation requires increased alertness. There are special security risk mitigation measures applying to GIZ staff on-site. All staff must follow GIZ security instructions at any time. Please also read up on county-specific advice provided by the German Federal Foreign Office.
The Development Worker (m/f/d) is expected to travel regularly inside the province.
GIZ’s Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the Entwicklungshelfergesetz (EhfG).