Identify network faults and escalate them to various levels with the ultimate aim of clearing them and maintaining high standards of network quality.
Need to interrogate systems and identify the problem, which are not clearly reported by network monitoring systems. This may involve statistical analysis and configuration knowledgeable.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Monitor, react to and log on FMS database all network faults and service complaints within SLA;
- Analyse and interrogate problematic network elements including repetitive faults;
- Report problem elements to Vodacom Operations personnel (Switching, HLR&VAS, Billing, MPesa, IT, TX, RAN, VB and IP);
- Escalate failures to Line Management as per Fault Escalation procedure;
- Follow up on outstanding faults and customer complaints.
Key performance indicators:
- Network Availability;
- Network Quality;
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- One year’s GSM System experience;
- SQL Database knowledge;
- Intermediate UNIX Operating Systems knowledge;
- Eagerness to contribute to the success of Vodacom Mozambique;
- Good interpersonal and planning skills.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Relevant degrees or diplomas in Telecommunications and IT;
- T3 or BSC – Must be technically related in hardware, software or systems.