Chief of Party
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks a dynamic and highly experienced candidate for the Chief of Party (COP) position for a USAID-funded HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment proposal, titled “Efficiencies for Clinical HIV Outcomes” (ECHO), in Mozambique. The purpose of ECHO is to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while strengthening the capacity of the Ministry of Health to deliver quality HIV/AIDS services across the continuum of care. This project will increase coverage of high impact health and nutrition services. This project will implement evidence-based interventions to increase early initiation of ART, provide high quality services, ensure robust retention strategies and achieve epidemic control. Interventions include technical assistance, training, mentoring, and supportive supervision together with key system investments such as human resources, and laboratory and strategic information support. Additionally, this project will compile research and program evaluation to improve the policy environment for HIV/AIDS programming, and building the capacity of CSO’s and local NGOs to continue the work.
Should JSI be the successful bidder, this will be a full-time position based in Mozambique. The Chief of Party will report to the JSI home office Senior Advisor.
- Provide overall technical and management leadership and financial oversight, including managing partner relations and ensuring technical and management excellence;
- Represent the project to USAID, local governments and other key stakeholders, including PLHIV-focused CSOs and local NGOs;
- Develop and oversee implementation of a resource leveraging plan that will expand the reach of project activities and contribute to sustainability;
- Foster an enabling HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment policy and regulatory environment with national ministries and local stakeholders;
- Lead the development and implementation of the project work plans and program evaluations;
- Assure the quality and timeliness of evaluations, training curricula and reports and other deliverables;
- Maintain ongoing and regular communications with the JSI home office.
- Master’s Degree or higher in public health, international development, business administration, social sciences, or a closely related field is required;
- At least 15 years of experience designing, implementing and managing large, complex projects involving multiple partners, in/for developing countries, of which at least 5 years has been spent in a position of COP or DCOP of a large development program of equivalent size and scope, based in the region;
- Experience delivering services in HIV prevention, care and treatment to key, priority or marginalized populations, systems strengthening, capacity building, economic strengthening, quality improvement, policy development is required;
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID project management including USAID rules and regulation;
- Excellent leadership qualities and in-depth HIV technical and management expertise;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with senior level government officials, donors, private for-profit and non-profit sectors;
- Experience interacting with host country governments and counterparts, and international donor agencies;
- Fluency in Portuguese and English required.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 03/30/2018.