Business Development Representative (Retail)
CHEP, a Brambles subsidiary, is the global leader in pallet and container pooling services, serving many of the world’s largest companies. CHEP South Africa has been officially certified by the Top Employers Institute for their exceptional employee offerings.
- New and existing business development by:
- Actively identifying new business opportunities in all market sectors;
- Ensure that relevant prospect information is obtained and compiled into prospect summaries;
- Implement strategies and plans for development of new business / growth opportunities;
- Participate in new business projects.
Customer Relations Management
- Liaison with client management as defined by the client profile;
- Assisting in rate negotiations when and where necessary;
- Conducting, or where relevant, co-ordinating in conjunction with the Hire Stock Audit team and CCT, system control audits on customers identified for such audits;
- Provide feedback to customer senior management on control system audits, pool usage statistics, and handle business related problems. Agree and implement action plans;
- Entering into written correspondence with customer senior management to confirm all salient points discussed at meetings;
- Entering into discussions to resolve any disputes promptly, in a manner acceptable to both parties;
- Continually reselling CHEP concepts and benefits/costing, to ensure that customers fully appreciate the commercial benefits of CHEP.
- Essential – MATRIC + 3 (Degree), preferably B.Com;
- 3-5 years Key account management/sales/marketing experience in a Technical Sales environment;
- Knowledge of distribution/logistics methodologies;
- Computer skilled;
- Must be a self starter who has a strong customer service orientation;
- Must be courteous and polite in written and oral communication;
- Valid drivers licence.
Can be discussed